Join Our Mailing List
Each year the Virginia Fly Fishing & Wine Festival fields a slate of the very best regional and national instructors, who share their wealth of knowledge with our attendees. Most of our classes are included with admission (as are complimentary wine tastings for those 21 and older). Some of our classes are large and lecture-based; others are small and hands-on. Classes are taught indoors on festival grounds (except where noted) by experts in their fields.
Alongside our high-quality offerings that come free with paid admission, the 2024 Virginia Fly & Wine will feature various classes.
Classes below are available now, but more will be added soon. Keep any eye on our festival newsletter regarding new class offerings, more are on the way!
- NearNuff Fly Tying School: Allen Rupp. (held on Friday)
- Beyond the Cast Women’s Fly Fishing Symposium: A two-day course featuring multiple instructors.
- Reading the Water: Tom Rosenbauer
- Matching the Hatch: More than Simply Choosing a Fly:Tom Rosenbauer
- Beginner Casting Classes: Instructor TBA
- Intermediate to Advanced Saltwater Fly Tying: Allen Rupp